Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LLMD Visit #3, Follow-Up

My trip to the doctor was simple as usual. I woke up early in the morning with a headache like Vietnam and an overwhelming sense of being unwell. This is my daily life- this is the Lyme life.

So we traveled 112 miles across the state and ended up arriving early, getting in to see the doctor early as well.

I finally got to see my Thyroid test results and not-so-surprisingly- it's compromised! I have high Cortisol and low T4. My doctor was obviously concerned about this, but was also concerned about how sick I've been since starting my Lyme treatment. During the entire duration there was little to no break in my herx cycles, so he felt it best to take me off of one of the antibiotics (Doxycycline) to allow me to build up my immune system first.

He wants me to do this by reworking my diet- which up until now has been high in carbohydrates. This being one of the spirochete's favorite food items I obviously know it's no longer a good idea to eat carbs in abundance.

However, I wasn't all too confident about any type of diet until my Thyroid was put into check with medication, due to the hunger pangs it causes, but now with the medication working on my side I feel much better about moving forward.

I am also going to work on rebuilding my immune system by introducing a number of vital supplements into my daily regiment as well as revitalizing my body's detox centers. Hopefully by doing this I will be better able to handle the spirochete die-off as more antibiotics are added to my treatment protocol once again.

That's pretty much all for now. I have to start following a diet that contains very little gluten, no dairy and lot's of fresh produce. Lean antibiotic and preservative-free protein sources are also at the top of the menu.

More health updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment